The Research Foundation is committed to supporting efforts that engage and increase engineering and science student retention. These disciplines are challenging and rigorous, and retention is critical to the nation’s future workforce. University clubs and associations play an important role in providing a support system for successful students.
The Research Foundation supports USU student associations that are related to our industry by providing funding, mentors, and workshops that encourage student association events such as Evening with Industry, Engineering Week, Student Professional Awareness Conference (SPAC), and national leadership conferences.
The support given to student associations also reaches the future Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) workforce through student association K-12 outreach efforts.
Associations and groups supported by the Research Foundation and SDL include:
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronauts (AIAA)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Association for Computing Machinery for Women (ACM-W)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Photo-Optical Instrument Engineers (SPIE)
- Society of Physics Students (SPS)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)